POMSAC (Port Moresby Sub Aqua Club) is your way to experience the colours and sights of underwater life around Port Moresby.
We are a club affiliated to the RPYC, run by volunteers for our members. Trips are offered on a weekly basis catering to divers, freedivers, snorkelers and beach lovers.
The waters of Fairfax harbour, the outlying islands and nearby reef are perfect venues for experiencing a pristine and unspoilt marine environment. The range of coral and marine life is exceptional.
The following persons should join POMSAC:
- Persons who love being in the water
- Persons who love seeing what’s in the water when they are in that water
- Persons who particularly love swimming in warm tropical waters
- Persons who particularly love that those warm tropical waters contain coral reefs and shipwrecks housing an abundance of marine life
- Persons who love underwater documentaries such as Planet Blue and Finding Nemo
- Persons who are intrigued as to why that mass of water between PNG and Australia is called the Coral Sea
- Persons who look out plane windows and wonder what’s in those turquoise reefs so close to Port Moresby
- Persons who love to do the above with other persons who also happen to love doing the above
- There is a club at the RPYC that goes out from the RPYC in small groups, to those very waters, nearly every weekend
- That same club has a boat fully fitted for diving and snorkelling, with a crew and trip leaders that know the great places hiding under the surface
- Those great places are so close and the boats is so fast you’ll be back at the RPYC in time for lunch, feeling like you’ve just been on a holiday
- Did we say you don’t have to buy a boat?